It's my first Blog Hop and I am teaming up with 50 great teacherprenuers to bring you tried and true classroom management and organizational strategies that work in our classrooms. Please make sure that you hop to each participating blog! We are also hosting a giveaway. Enter to win one of two great prizes. We are giving away the chance to win a $50 TpT Gift Card and classroom resources from over 30 teacher authors. Good luck!
Check out each blog for great tips on classroom management and organization and enter to win all the great prizes!I know that many teachers are already back in the their classrooms-for some folks, class is already started! (eeeeeek!!!) I will be seeing my new classroom in my new school for the first time this week (man I hope it has windows!) and I am super excited! Over the years I have learned a few ways to organize to help keep my classroom running smooth!
Here are my 5 biggest organization tips and tricks!
- SHOEBOXES- the clear plastic kind holds everything from pens/pencils to rocks! Slap on a great label (like my Science Materials Labels!) and you are good to go! I also use them to organize lab materials on experiment days.
- PENCIL BOXES- I use them as materials boxes for tables when we are doing foldables in our science notebooks. Everything they need is in a numbered box-grab and go!
- BINDER CLIPS-seriously, I clip everything! Classwork papers, papers to be graded, papers to be passed back, extra copies, hall pass copies. I label the flat tops with a metallic sharpie and what is to be done with the papers-for example: the name of the class, the day or "graded", "to be graded", etc. See what you need at a glance!
- HANGING FILE FOLDERS/BIN- I use them to organize all my binder clipped papers! I have hanging folders for each class for a whole week, I use them as student "mailbozes" for passing out papers, as a place for students to turn in work, or for extra copies, for organizing my sets of station labs, I Can statements, word wall words-everything has it's place in a hanging file folder!
- TINY METAL BUCKETS-oh Dollar Spot at Target, how I love thee! These little metal buckets pop up every season in ADORABLE designs and colors and I love using them to organize pens, pencils and dry erase markers! I use one for my desk as well!
Once I have my classroom set up, I will post pictures! Now, enter the raffle and hop to the next blog!
And good luck this year!